Shelter Island School Board of Education
The Shelter Island Board of Education consists of seven residents who are elected by the people and serve without salary for a three-year term of office. Following are the Board Trustees and their email addresses.
- Margaret Colligan: email@example.com
- Linda C. Eklund: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John W. Klupka, Sr.: email@example.com
- Jason Lones: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathleen M. Lynch: email@example.com
- Tracy McCarthy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katherine Rossi-Snook: email@example.com
The Board of Education sets policy; that is, direction for the students, staff, and educational programs of our school district. The Board meets at least once a month throughout the calendar year. Meetings take place at 6:00 pm in the Conference Room at Shelter Island, 33 North Ferry Road. All of these meetings are open to the public unless the Board Trustees are discussing an individual employee, negotiating contracts, discussing matters of potential litigation, or other topics which the law provides should be discussed in executive session. All other topics are discussed in public session and it is our hope that residents will attend and actively participate in these meetings.
If you have any questions about the Board of Education or Board Meetings, please contact Jacqueline Dunning, District Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.